It’s official, renovating our house has OFFICIALLY taken over my life. Every minute that I’m not at work I’m at the house doing whatever I can to make it a home. But after months of Rob and I putting everything we’ve got into it, it’s *almost* finished. Queue some before and after pictures coming to a blog post near you soon.
Still, despite the chaos, there are a few things that have made me smile this month, which are:
1. Rock Rose Gin. I swear the stresses of renovations have definitely increased by Martini consumption and my current base spirit of choice for my favourite cocktail is this delicious Scottish gin. Delicate, fragrant and with just a hint of rose, it’s a standout in a world full of gins.
2. Citizen of Glass by Agnes Obel. I actually had the release date of Obel’s new album written in my diary (no joke). A stunningly accomplished album, my current favourite tracks are It’s Happening Again and Mary.
3. Everything from Aesop. I couldn’t possibly redo my bathroom without some Aesop handwash soap. The Reverence Aromatique soap smells utterly divine and with exfoliating pumice, it leaves my hands super soft.
4. Farrow & Ball paint colours. After months of looking at paint charts and tester pots Farrow and Ball has come up trumps yet again. Our house is now an homage to their grey colour palatte and I love it.
5. The Great British Bake Off. Ok, so this is a two-sided comment. This show makes me smile, again and again, and when it’s on TV, Wednesday becomes an event, which I’m really going to miss. It also makes me a little sad though, as I’m just not sure how the show will translate on Channel 4 without Mel, Sue and Mary. Time will tell.
What’s made you smile this month? Have a lovely weekend, everybody.1 like