June is one of my favourite months. It marks the half way point in the year, so I always take some time to think back over the past six months and inevitably end up adding a few more things to my to-do list for the rest of the year. It’s also myself and Rob’s birthdays. With only five days in between, we use it as an almighty excuse for massively elongated celebrations. In this year’s case it has been two weeks of dining out, cake, Prosecco and presents. Did I mention that June was my favourite month of the year? Here are a few more things that made me smile this month:
1. A Croque Madame from Cafe Marlayne (pictured above). I don’t think this needs any further explanation.
2. Cutting my hair. Two weeks ago I had almost elbow length locks, whereas now I have a mid-length wavy bob. Once I got over the shock of having lost so much hair, I love it. It takes more styling in the morning, but it is nicer than my previous style, which I was doing so little with.
3. Buying a new car. I traded my MINI Cooper up for … another MINI Cooper. I pick it up this week and I’m really hoping that Scotland bucks up its ideas weather wise so that I can go on many, many road trips.
4. Reading Any Human Heart by William Boyd. I don’t plea with you often, but please, please read this book. It’s the diary of a fictional character Logan Mountstuart, and the whole concept is based around how we never stay the same person, but rather, we are different people throughout the different periods of our lives. It is a wonderful book and very beautifully written.
5. A trip to York. I do love York; the restaurants, the shops, the history. I’ll be posting about our weekend away soon.
What has made you smile this month? I hope you have all had a happy June!3 likes