I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty glad that it’s the last day in January. I’m not convinced that the first month of the year is that great for anyone, what with the lack of money, the focus on kale over cake and the glum weather. Yes, I’ve been feeling all of those things, but among all of that, January has had its highlights, and here they are:
1. Getting down with plants – my focus on eating more plant-based foods has made me feel a whole lot better. Here’s to embracing this lifestyle more in 2016.
2. Nadia Reid – My husband bought me Nadia Reid’s album, Listen to Formation, Look for the Signs, for Christmas and I’ve been listening to it on a loop pretty much every day since. You too can start your Nadia Reid obsession over on her website, where you can listen to this brilliant album for free.
3. A change is as good as a rest – I got a full on fringe cut in yesterday (bangs for my lovely U.S readers). Not the apologetic, slightly whispy kind. The sort of fringe that covers every last inch of your forehead and then some. It’s good to mix things up, yes?
4. DIY, DIY, DIY – As you know, I’m getting my flat ready to sell. This post should actually have been published a couple of days ago, but this week has been awash with DIY to get the house ready for the valuations. The good news is, our house got valued on Friday, and it would seem all of our hard work has paid off. (Note, I was tempted to end this point with a smiley face emoji but I’m not sure we’re doing that yet in blog posts? Answers on a postcard, please.)
5. A Scandinavisk four-wick candle in Koto. It has the most divine smell; it’s not too overpowering but the scent fills the room and gives it a really calming feel.
What made you smile this month? Here’s to an amazing February for everybody!