It’s definitely been salad weather recently. My normal everyday lunch of soup has been replaced with green leaves tossed with all manner of delicious things. And then, as if they knew I was salad-obsessed, Fragata sent me a range of excellent products, all of which proved to be perfect company for the humble lettuce leaf.
I dabbled a lot with Fragata’s olives, capers and antipasti, but the recipe that went down a storm with friends combined chickpeas with chorizo, rocket and Fragata’s Pimiento Piquillo peppers. A quick and easy salad, it works really well with fish, grilled chicken, or as an accompaniment at any summer barbecue.
Chickpea and chorizo salad
- 2 400g tins of chickpeas
- 120g of chorizo, chopped into bitesize pieces
- 100g of Fragata Pimiento Piquillo Peppers
- 1/2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp of hot smoked paprika
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 50g rocket
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a large pan and add the garlic. Cook for a few moments before adding the chorizo and sauté until the chorizo has warmed through. This should take around 5 minutes on a high heat.
- Add the chickpeas, sherry vinegar and paprika. Stir well and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Put your rocket in a large bowl. After the chickpeas and chorizo have cooled a little, toss them with the rocket and add your Piquillo peppers. Season to taste and serve.
This will serve four hungry diners as an accompaniment to a main meal. I’d love to hear what combinations you serve this salad with.0 likes