Before I charge head-long into posts about my recent visit to Croatia (if you haven’t been, it’s an amazing country), I’m going to indulge in some of my recent finds. From books and TV shows to apps and wish-list items, here are a few things that I recommend you check out:
1. Vigo – I went to Vigo at the end of July with some friends and it was such a fun trip. It’s on the Galician coast of Spain, not that far from Portugal. It’s not a tourist hot-spot at the moment, so you still get the opportunity to see some authentic Spain. The stunning Cies Islands are a mere hour on the boat from Vigo, and absolutely worth the trip. We flew direct from Edinburgh to Vigo with Ryanair.
2. Sharp Objects – this HBO adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s book of the same name is spectacular viewing. Amy Adams is magnificent in this psychological thriller that is filmed in such a way that you’ll likely feel uncomfortable from start to finish, making the show all the more compelling.
3. Monzo – I’ve finally joined the future of banking and I only wish I’d done it earlier. The real-time spending notifications are a game-changer, not to mention the sign-up process was ridiculously easy. So far, so good.
4. How Do You Like Me Now – I devoured Holly Bourne’s latest title, How Do You Like Me Now, while on holiday. The book charts the highs and lows of Tori Bailey, a successful woman in her early 30s to appears to have it all. But does she really? It’s worth a read.
5. Sezane – How did it take me so long to find out about this stunning French clothing brand? I want pretty much everything from their autumn collection and I mean everything.
What have you discovered this month that you would like to share? I’d love to hear about it!2 likes