I can never quite believe how quickly my monthly finds posts come round. I only started doing these posts a few months ago, and my favourite thing about them is that it makes me note down the things that I’ve stumbled upon that I really like. From food finds to interiors, there’s always something out there that I’m either consuming in large measures or making it onto my ever-growing wish list. So with that, here are October’s finds:
1. If the number of catalogues that I haven’t signed up for are anything to go by, direct mail is seeing something of a resurgence. One mailer that I was more than happy to have popped through my letterbox was from Loaf. I’d never heard of the furniture company before and their collection is beautiful. From seriously comfy looking sofas, to the sort of bed you could spend all day in, if you’re on the hunt for new furniture, I would seriously recommend checking them out. Did I also mention I am lusting after the sofa in the picture above?
2. This isn’t exactly a new discovery, but spiced pumpkin lattes have to make it onto my list this month. I adore them and since this is the only time of year I can drink them, I’ve developed quite the one (or two) a day habit.
3. I recently read the book, Nobody is Ever Missing, by Catherine Lacey, and very much enjoyed it. Pretty much the whole book is written in first person, and follows a young woman struggling with mental illness. I’ll caveat this recommendation by saying that this is far from an uplifting read – quite the opposite, actually – but it was one of those books that really made me think.
4. I’ve talked at length about my love for Netflix, and the current show that’s keeping me in on a Saturday night is Grimm. Ordinarily, it’s not the sort of show that I would imagine I’d like, but it’s entertaining and now that I’m on season two, a storyline is developing that’s keeping me guessing. The show follows the lead character Nick, while he negotiates life as a Grimm, a skill that allows him to see the para-humans among us. If that hasn’t got you intrigued nothing will.
5. I’m completely obsessed with John Lewis’s Home Edit board on Pinterest. I could lose myself for hours in their interiors inspiration. It’s bad for my bank balance, but good for the soul.
What new things have you found this month?
Image credit: Loaf website.