We all have them; those websites that you visit day in, day out, knowing that there will always be content that excites you. With the internet being what it is, distilling the good from the bad can be quite a task, which is why I’m sharing five of my favourite lifestyle websites. These sites have made the cut because they have a good balance of content, the quality is high and they leave me wanting more. Here goes:
1. The Pool – If The Pool isn’t on your daily list of website to visit it should be. The content is geared towards however long you have to spend on the website, from the day’s news headlines in 60 seconds, to articles that are more meaty. It seamlessly blends topical issues with fashion, beauty and recipe posts, to give you everything you would expect from a well curated lifestyle website.
2. Stylist - I have long since been a fan of Stylist, from back in the day when I used to write for their sister email, Emerald Street. If you’re new to Stylist, think beauty, travel and fashion, with a good dose of topical posts. They also have a strong body of work in relation to feminism which is worth checking out.
3. Girl Boss - I discovered Girl Boss after listening to the pod cast of the same name. This website is slightly more career-focused, although there are a number of lifestyle pieces that translate beyond the office.
4. Refinery 29 - Fashion, beauty, health and entertainment, you’ll find them all over on Refinery 29. The also issue a handy daily email and a monthly feature which outlines everything that’s coming to Netflix. Win.
5. Pop Sugar - If I’m feeling in the mood for lighter content, I head to Pop Sugar. There’s a lot of celebrity content on there, which isn’t really my thing, but if you look beyond that to the fashion and fitness posts, there is some really good stuff there.
What are your favourite lifestyle websites? I’d love to hear about them.