I could easily have dedicated this month’s ‘finds’ post to all things home-renovation related, but since not all of you spend your weekends knee-deep in DIY, I’ll spare you. Instead, this month’s discoveries feature a healthy mix of food, drink, podcasts … and maybe one interior-related element. I guess I just couldn’t help myself. Here goes:
1. I’m a convert of Meridian’s almond butter and love to spread it on rye toast or a bagel, top it with dates and enjoy it for weekend breakfasts. That habit has recently changed, with the discovery of their coconut and peanut butter. You really need to get involved in this flavour, it’s delicious.
2. Sticking with the healthy theme, I’ve recently been given the go ahead from my physio to start running again – yay. You know I try to eat cleanly whenever possible, so sugary, processed sports drinks never appealed to me, but I struggled to find a natural alternative, until I discovered Active Root. Made using root ginger, this drink contains natural ingredients to keep you hydrated and give you the energy you need to go the distance. The guys behind it have just launched a Kickstarter campaign, if you want to check it out and support this great drink.
3. You know those times when you go out for dinner and every mouthful just gets better? I experienced this last week at Three Birds in Bruntsfield. This little whole in the wall has a bistro-style feel and the food is to die for. Seriously, if you live in Edinburgh I urge you to go there. Now.
4. I know I am late to the party on this one, but I’m finally getting around to listening to the Serial podcast and I am hooked. I’m desperate to get to the end so I can read more about the case online. If you haven’t listened to it yet but are a fan of true crime dramas, it’s well worth listening to.
5. My last find of this month goes out to Maisons Du Monde. This quirky website has everything from retro furniture to smaller homeware items, like vases. If I get my way, this sideboard will be making an appearance in my living room very soon.
Is there anything you’ve come across this month that’s worth sharing? If so, let me know, I’d love to hear about it.1 like