We live in a world where we have access to so many wonderful things. I feel like there’s always a new blog to read, new flavour of ice cream to try or a new place to visit. My head is constantly awash with things I haven’t heard of and unless I document them, they end up getting filed somewhere in my head and I forget about them. That’s why I’m starting this new monthly feature, documenting the things that I’ve discovered recently.
1. Coconut water is amazing in all smoothies and juices. I’ve added it to pretty much every one of my fruit or veg based drinks recently and it makes them taste great. Ironically, I really don’t like coconut water on its own, but since it’s so good for you, I’m glad I’ve found a way to incorporate it in my diet.
2. If you’re anything like me, you have a list of dream items that would feature in your dream home. If you don’t, I advise making one – it’s a whole lot of fun. On my list is a wine cooler from The Wine Storage Company. Their products look stunning and I know one of their coolers would look just perfect in my imaginary kitchen in my dream house.
3. If you read my recent post on my favourite apps, you’ll know I’m a regular user of Shazam. Thanks to this amazing app, I recently discovered Hannah Cohen. Her beautiful track, Don’t Say, featured in the credits of a recent Girls episode. After listening to her album, Child Bride, on Spotify, I’ve since bought it. If you’re a fan of singer songwriters, you should definitely check her out.
4. Marks and Spencer Chilli and Lime Chicken salad with rice is incredible. It’s delicious, fresh, healthy and nutritious. I’m even going to try making my own version, it’s that good.
5. I have to thank the utterly fantastic Angloyankophile for this last discovery (if you haven’t read her blog, stop reading mine immediately and go and pay hers a visit, you’ll thank me for it). Joss & Main is a website specialising in curated flash sales. There are a lot of these sites around, but in my opinion, so many of them are disappointing. But not Joss & Main. They have a lot of really lovely products at great prices. If I wasn’t moving house next year, I would have bought a whole lot more than I did.
So there you have it, my five finds for July. Have you stumbled across anything recently that I should check out?3 likes