I’m really excited to write my first monthly finds post of 2016. So far, it’s been a pretty quiet month for me with dry January and December’s financial hangover keeping me largely indoors and away from the lure of spending money. That’s why this month’s list has a slightly more homely focus, but entertaining nonetheless.
1. For Christmas my husband gave me A Modern Way to Eat, a beautiful book filled with delicious vegetarian recipes by Anna Jones. We’ve already tried quite a few of the dishes with great success, and this weekend I’ll be making her crunchy sweet potato fries. I can hardly wait.
2. Sticking with books, I also recently read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondo. I’m going to be doing a full review of this book in another post but I will say that I am now a convert of the KonMari tidying method.
3. I’ve been completely sucked into Making a Murderer on Netflix. Have you watched it? I’m completely gripped and I’m only half way through the series. I’ll hopefully finish it this weekend as avoiding the spoilers on social media is becoming ever more difficult.
4. A relaxed breakfast in bed on a Saturday morning is good for the soul. Fact.
5. The Simple Things magazine isn’t exactly a new discovery for me, but having spent last night reading the January edition from cover to cover, I just had to write about it. It’s fantastic and really does play to a more simple life, which I’m currently striving for.
Have you found anything new recently that I should know about? Let me know in the comments and I’ll check it out.2 likes