I don’t really watch a lot of terrestrial television. Firstly, I don’t think there’s anything that’s worth watching on the box at the moment and secondly I go out a lot. That means I need my viewing to work around me, which is why I love Netflix as much as I do.
Late last year, I wrote a post on six Netflix box sets to see you through the winter. Since one of my current favourite things to do is binge watch box series on Netflix, I’m well and truly done with that list, so I thought I’d share the box sets and films I’ve watched recently that I’m sure you’ll all enjoy too.
1. Brooklyn Nine Nine – I resisted watching this show for a while. For some unknown reason, I thought I wouldn’t like it, but it’s actually the opposite. I love it. I also really want to be friends with the show’s lead character, Jake Peralta. He’s hilarious.
2. Rita – If you’re a fan of sarcasm and the sort of lady who tells it like it is, you’ll love Rita. This sassy Danish comedy is really impressive and very addictive.
3. Chef – Not a box set but a film, with a pretty impressive cast, including Jon Favreau, Scarlett Johansson and Sofia Vergara. Unsurprisingly, it’s about a chef who’s down on his luck but turns things around by setting up a food truck. A brilliant, feel good film you could watch again and again.
4. The Returned – Netflix’s adaptation of this French drama is pretty haunting but equally entertaining. The premise is the dearly departed start returning from the dead, wreaking havoc on their families lives. It’s entirely gripping.
5. Suits – There are three whole seasons of this legal drama available on Netflix for you to binge watch. Funny, clever and entertaining, I can’t wait for the next season to become available.
Have you watched any of these shows before? Are there any others you would recommend I watch?1 like