Today is the start of a new season. The first official day of leaves falling off trees, pumpkins appearing everywhere – including in my coffee – and the light taking on an amber hue that only happens at this time of year. Autumn has officially arrived and with it brings so many of wonderful things. It’s my favourite season and so I’m dedicating today’s post to autumn and a few of the reasons why it makes me so happy.
1. There are leaves fit for crunching lining every street and I love it. I will go out of my way to stand on leaves just so I can hear the unbeatable crunching sound. It makes me feel like I’m five years old again. What could be better than that?
2. Pumpkins are everywhere, and it’s time to embrace them. They make for delicious soups, salads and wedges, and heck, they even taste great in a pumpkin spiced latte. They are the kings of the squash and they know it.
3. Cold crisp days. Don’t you just love those bright and sunny autumn mornings where you can get all wrapped up, go out for a walk and breath in that lovely, fresh autumnal air? I know I do.
4. Comfort food is a go-go. Now that the weather is starting to turn and the nights are getting darker, it’s time to switch up salads for hearty soups and stews. My favourite kind of food.
5. The landscape. Everywhere you look in this most amazing of seasons, the orange leaves have painted the streets a shade of amber gold and autumnal light seems to make this all the more spectacular.
There you have it, just a few of the reasons why I adore autumn. What is your favourite season?1 like